Friday 29 March 2024

Sepia Saturday 717 : 30 March 2024


We're done with work here on Sepia Saturday. Well, after this week, we are done with our monthly work theme here on Sepia Saturday and it's not a moment too soon for some of us - as you can tell from this late call for proposals (and thank you Barbara for reminding me). Our weekly image shows some poor chap sat at a desk with an overflowing work tray (it is E D Morrel and not E D Mossel as my caption suggests - yet another sign of overwork). But forget the lateness and the mistakes - just try and come up with a picture of some old overworked guy whose gradually sinking under a pile of papers (all I need to do is to look in a mirror). Whatever you come up with, come up with it on or around Saturday 30th March 2024 and add a link to the list below. Next month we have a new theme for our old photos - two together. Here is a preview of the weekly images.




7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks Alan. I know Gail has already posted her great post about office jobs etc. I just posted a lot of photos to see how many people might recognized women authors. But I do give the answers at the bottom.

La Nightingail said...

Well, I had my post ready to go but couldn't post it till the prompt was up. Now it is, and I've posted my post. :))

Peter said...

It has been a while but SS is like a magnet, old hands always return. I will try to come up with a post once every month at least but no promises! Expect to read many inspiring posts!
My post is about my grandfathers both being seated in the front row.

ScotSue said...

A tribute to my father whose working life began at the age of 14, and the story of his bureau, a 1938 wedding present from my mother where he did much of his paperwork whether for work or leisure. Plus a summary of my own working life which came to reflect so many of my father's activities. Thanks, Alan, for an engrossing March theme.

ScotSue said...

I don't know why my first posting did not register, but Scotsue 2 seems fine.

Mike Brubaker said...

I think I may have a fair match for this theme. Unfortunately it doesn't have a map of Africa. But it's musical, and short for a change.

Susan said...

I enjoyed this prompt. I'm glad March featured many sorts of work.

Nightingail, who could forget Eunice, the operator?