Friday 5 April 2024

Sepia Saturday 718 : 6 April 2024

 

Our Two Together month starts with Harry and Annie. Annie was my father's sister and her husband, Harry was a former professional musician and singer. They embarked on married life in Bradford in 1933, and that time as two together came to a sad end in 1980 when Annie died. I like to think that they were reunited two years later when Harry also died. Between 1933 and 1980 there were lots of stories, lots of drama, lots of laughter .... and, of course, lots of photographs. Ninety one years after that first day as Two Together, they are two together again, asking people from around the world to share their old photographs on or around Saturday 6th April 2024 .... and asking them to add a link to the list below. Here are the rest of the month's weekly prompts.



8 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Looking at old photos of children, and considering their lives.

La Nightingail said...

The first of a 3-part series: "All in the Family Two by Two - 1"

Mike Brubaker said...

I've been saving a very odd photo postcard that is perfect for this theme. And non-musical for a change.

ScotSue said...

I went for the obvious - lots of two by two in wedding photographs down the decades 1910-1971. So focus on the fashions and read the stories connected with the events.

Monica T. said...

I think I have three rather perfect matches for the Sepia prompt photo this week.

Molly's Canopy said...

Wow,this is the perfect April prompt for my A to Z series about my parents! I'm linking to Letter A: "About my Parents" for this week, but if you want to read more, please check out the other five posts (on left menu bar or at the bottom of the blog post).

ScotSue said...

To Monica - it was good to see the style of wedding dresses from another country, and I was particularly struck by the headdresses- still reminiscent of the 1920s popularity for cloche hats, though the first bride wore something slightly different

ScotSue said...

To Gail - good to see such a a lovely set of happy family twosomes.