Thursday 25 April 2024

Sepia Saturday 721 : Saturday 27 April 2024

 

I've no idea who these two are - as with most Sepians, old photographs seem to gravitate towards me like iron filings to a magnet. I am sure there is a back story somewhere, they are somebody's children, somebody's uncles, somebody's grandparents. Whoever they are, the photograph illustrates perfectly the fact that old photographs not only tell a personal story, they also tell a wider social story - the clothing, the features, the background: they are part of the two together beauty of old photographs. Whatever two together themes you might have, or indeed not have, now is your last opportunity, for the time being, to share them. Just post your post on or around Saturday 27th April 2024 and add a link to the list below.

As we leave April behind, are monthly theme changes and we are off on our travels again. Whether it be by coach, by bike, by car, or by cruise ship, our May theme is "On The Move", so get a move on and look out some suitable old photographs.





6 comments:

La Nightingail said...

The fourth installment of "All in the Family Two byTwo"

Barbara Rogers said...

I winnowed the family photos today, finding my three sons (brothers) together in different ages.

ScotSue said...

My final contribution to our April Twosomes theme - brothers and sisters together.

Mike Brubaker said...

I'll finish this month of Twosomes with the ultimate pairing of pairs. You'll be seeing double on this story. Musical of course.

ScotSue said...

To Gail - a wonderfully happy collection of family twosomes and I enjoyed seeing them as little ones to being grown up. A very fitting end to a great prompt - thank you Alan.

Molly's Canopy said...

Sticking with my A to Z theme, I'm again doing my parents as the twosome -- this time on their Washington, DC, honeymoon.