Thursday 2 May 2024

Sepia Saturday 722 : Saturday 4th May 2024

 

It takes you back. Sat on a coach - not one of these new luxury air-conditioned jobs, but a real coach with horsehair padded seats - bumping down a country road and then stopping for some refreshments. Not a cup of chain-shop coffee, but a proper picnic with sandwiches and flies and scurrying ants. Yes, it's May and we are on the move - on our Sepia Saturday travels. Look through you old photos and if you have anything to match share it on or around Saturday 4th May 2024. If you don't have anything to match, worry not - share it anyway by adding a link to the list below. And when you've finished your coffee, get ready to be on the move again throughout May on Sepia Saturday.




5 comments:

La Nightingail said...

There are all sorts of ways to picnic and I think my family and I managed most of them! :)

ScotSue said...

It is all aboard the coach, the charabanc and the stagecoach in a rather long post, but with some fascinating contemporary accounts of stagecoach travel. Do stick with it!

Molly's Canopy said...

Not a coach, but a ship for me. You've heard about my Uncle Fred during WWII. Now it's time for my dad's Navy days, including an excerpt from one of his letters home.

La Nightingail said...

I just had to share this extra post! xo

Mike Brubaker said...

Believe it or not, I have postcards that fit this theme. And for a change no music, just a mini-travelogue.