Thursday 9 May 2024

Sepia Saturday 723 : Saturday 11 May 2024

 


We are still out and about in May here on Sepia Saturday and this week we are out and about on our bicycles. There was nothing our Edwardian ancestors like doing quite so much as jumping on their bikes and peddling off in search of adventure - other than perhaps having their photographs taken whilst doing so. So this is your opportunity to share old photographs which may, in some strange and convoluted way, be linked to our monthly theme or our weekly prompt. Just jump on your bikes and post your posts on or around Saturday 11th May and add a link to the list below.  And whilst you are free-wheeling down hill, take a look at what lies around the Sepia corner.


7 comments:

La Nightingail said...

Two wheels, three wheels - they're all there. :)

ScotSue said...

I take a look at "Wheelwomen" and the early reaction to women on bicycles, enjoying the freedom of this new mode of being on the move!

Peter said...

Coaches, cycles, cars, they are all there.

Susan said...

Hi Nightingale, here's my comment since I can't sign in on your blog. Ah, Google.

I love all at the treasured bikes you shared. A bicycle is a great Christmas gift.

Molly's Canopy said...

My blog post features my mom as a child on her new tricycle.

Mike Brubaker said...

I ran out of bicycle photos so I'm on a different theme (though there are a couple of bicycles hidden in the background). It's something special that I worked up to celebrate a blogger marker.

Molly's Canopy said...

I am also unable to comment on Nightingale's blog, but the post is wonderful -- the light blue two wheeler reminds me of my own as a child, and I love the big-wheel water-bikes!