Thursday 14 March 2024

Sepia Saturday 715 : Saturday 16th March 2024

 


Looking back at our weekly prompts for March on the general theme of "Going To Work" it would be easy to fall into the nonsensical belief that it is men who do the work. Not only do women workers these days contribute a near equal part of the overall labour force, they have so often in the past been brought into the labour force during times of crisis such as wartime - only too often to be forcibly removed from the labour force once the conflict was over! And this is above and beyond the fact that whether it is paid work or not, women have always worked in the home and in the family. Thus, this week we are celebrating women workers here on Sepia Saturday. You are invited to share your old photos of women workers, male workers, any workers ... or no workers at all. Just post your post on or around Saturday 16th March 2024 and add a link to the list below.


And here's what is to come over the next few weeks on Sepia Saturday:-



And the April Monthly theme is:-








7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

A hodge podge is often the way my blogs come together these days. But a nice antique car started off this one.

Monica T. said...

My contribution this week is some photos from my mum's first year as teacher in a very small Swedish countryside school in the early 1950s. (A few years before I was born.)

ScotSue said...

Last week men, this week my spotlight falls on women in the workplace from he early 19th century to my own story in the late 20th century.

Molly's Canopy said...

I am definitely "going to work" this month, preparing the 26 posts for the 2024 A to Z blogging challenge in April. My theme, for this week's post, is -- My Life: The Prequel (in Snapshots), focused on my parents' childhoods, college years, my dad's WWII Navy service, and how they met and married. I'll be posting here once the challenge begins April 1.

Mike Brubaker said...

This theme is difficult for me, so all I've got is photos of young women. Not in aviation, but in music of course.

ScotSue said...

Gail - not only a family of talented musicians, but talented builders as well! You look so cute happily sitting with you Dad in your own chair. Yes, I can see why your Gazebo was so specialto you, and I love the way you decorated it with the red gingham tablecloth etc.

ScotSue said...

Monica - from Scotsue - a lovely profile of your mother with her pupils and scenes of the schoolhouse. I come from a family of teachers - two uncles, my aunt and my husband - but the only photograph is one of my husband in his Welles knee deep in water with some pupils when the school was flooded when the nearby river burst its banks.