Wednesday 20 March 2024

Sepia Saturday 716 : Saturday 23 March 2024

 


Here we are, the middle of March and we are still at work. You will recall that "Going To Work" is our March 2024 theme and this week's prompt features a tailor at work (a "tailor" and not a "Taylor" - apologies for that daft caption). All you need to do is to look through your old photographs, pin down a suitable image, cut it to size, and everything will be all sewed up! Do all that on or around Saturday 23 March 2024 and add a link to the list below and I will be well suited.  Before I have chance to add any more daft links, here is the remaining March prompt and the four we will be using in April.






7 comments:

ScotSue said...

A profile of my mother who was apprenticed to a local tailor at the age of 14, and stitched away well into her 80s - a very talented lady.

La Nightingail said...

A multitude of ways to create lovely things.

Barbara Rogers said...

In my neighborhood of the southern Appalachian mountains, sewing was always done by women. The tailors stayed in the cities to make fancy men's clothes.

Mike Brubaker said...

I believe I found a suitable photo for this theme. Not exactly about a taylor/tailor (Is that one of those odd British spellings?) but it is a picture of a genuine musical workman.

Susan said...

La Nightingale,

Your sewing history was fun to read. Your projects all have amusing stories. I’m glad you have a photo of the costume you made and wore when you played the rich man’s daughter.

Monica T. said...

My contribution this week consists of a bunch of Easter Cards from around 1914. Four of them were painted by the same artist; which will be my link to the theme of (creative) work this week...

ScotSue said...

To Monica - what a lovely collection of Easter cards - from the pretty to the humorous. They are reminiscent of the WW1 cards my grandfather sent home 1916-1918, but with their own distinctive style.