Thursday 22 August 2024

Sepia Saturday 738 : 24 August 2024

 


Dear Sepians, We continue with our postcard month here on Sepia Saturday and this week we are having a bit of a laugh. Most of us are familiar with these types of cartoons - these days you see them all the time on your social media feeds - and back in the early twentieth century they were an integral part of that pre-digital social media craze - the picture postcard. Share your laughs and share your smiles by posting an old image on or around Saturday 24th August 2024 and adding a link to the list below. And before the smile wears off your face, take a look at what is around the corner on Sepia Saturday. As ever, Alan







5 comments:

La Nightingail said...

My favorite lakes and how lucky I've been to have had a chance to enjoy them all so much!

ScotSue said...

I hope this makes you smile as I relate the tale of Scotland's Loch Ness Monster.

Barbara Rogers said...

Celebrating...me!

Monica T. said...

A selection of cartoon postcards sent to my great-uncle Gustaf between 1909-1918

Mike Brubaker said...

I have lots of cartoon postcards but I got carried away on my own theme so its a bit long. Not musical but at least colorful.