Friday 2 June 2023

Sepia Saturday 675 : Saturday 3 June 2023

 


As I type this post on my computer keyboard and watch the words appear on the screen in front of me, I have difficulty remembering that written communication wasn't always this easy. I was brought up in the typewriter era, and for much of my life I have banged away on typewriter kets and manually returned the carriage to start a new line of type following the ringing of a bell. Our Sepia Saturday theme image this week features a typewriter and it may inspire you to find some match - either obvious or wonderfully obscure - from your own collection of old photographs. If it does all you need to do is to feature those images in a post on or around Saturday 3 June 2023, and add a link to the post to the list below.

Before you load a new sheet of paper to the typewriter, why not take a look at what is around the Sepia Saturday corner.








3 comments:

Monica T. said...

About my grandfather's change of 'career' - from shoemaker's apprentice in his early teens, to newspaper journalist. Courses in book-keeping, stenography and typewriting helped him on his way...

Barbara Rogers said...

A lot of photos, but one meets the prompt!

Mike Brubaker said...

I have a typewriter theme but without a photo of a typewriter. Musical of course.