Friday 9 June 2023

Sepia Saturday 676 : Saturday 10th June 2023

 


Some of the best old photographs are the ones where there is no obvious subject and no obvious story being told; photographs that capture nothing and everything at the same time - photographs of life. This week's theme image is a good example: a woman about to get on a motor scooter, people walking in the background, life being led by one and all. Such photos have advantages and disadvantages when used as theme images: on the one hand they lack a clear theme or subject, whilst on the other hand there is plenty of scope for interpretations. You can interpret this week's theme image any way you like, on or around Saturday 10th June 2023. After you have done it, scoot off and leave a link to your post on the list below. And while you are waiting for your engine to turn over, take a look at what is to come:-



3 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Again sharing a collection that I don't want to lose! But I did match one photo with motocycles at least.

Mike Brubaker said...

I don't have any scooter photos so I'll follow a helmet/hat theme. Musical of course.

Monica T. said...

I have no motorcycle photo of my own but I found one online, to represent the one that I know from other sources that my grandfather had, back in the 1930s...