Friday 15 September 2023

Sepia Saturday 690 : 16 September 2023

 


We're still on the street, but now we have hanging washing and kids reading newspapers. Both probably tell of times long gone and they provide us with an opportunity to share photographs from times long gone. Just post your post on or around Saturday 16th September 2023 and add a link to the list below. And once you have done that, take a look at the remaining September theme images. And once you've done that - bring the washing in.








5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

A new old document found about my GG Grandfather's imprisonment during the Civil War. He was a blockade runner for the south, though he'd been born in Rhode Island...the Union navy captured him in April 1962 and he was finally in prison Jan. 1963. No idea where he was in the meantime. This document shows date of his release also!

Molly's Canopy said...

My on-the-street photo is WWII troops marching up NYC's Fifth Ave. in 1942 in a post about my Uncle Fred's first WWII letter home.

Monica T. said...

Street photo from Falköping, Sweden, 1901.

Kristin said...

My grandfather is next to a building as I write about his experience as a worker at Ford's Motor Company.

Mike Brubaker said...

Over this last month or so I've been on my own theme within the Sepia Saturday theme. Inspired by this weekend's street theme I offer a photo of a band on a street.