Tuesday 15 April 2014

Sepia Saturday 224 : 19 April 2014


The other week I made a confession about my aversion to gardening and all things horticultural and I was challenged to include a possible gardening theme for a future Sepia Saturday. Well, here it is - for Sepia Saturday 224 (post your post on or around Saturday 19th April 2014) you can choose from gardens, gardening, watering cans, and men stood watching women do all the work. The title of this 1943 photograph, which appears on the US National Archives stream on Flickr, is "Frequent watering of the Victory Garden is necessary during the early stages of growth". You are, of course, able to interpret the theme image in any way you want : all you have to do is to post a post and link it to the list below. 

Before you start planting any seeds of a post, you might want to take a look at what is to come in the next couple of weeks.

225 - 26 April 2014 : Music, jukeboxes, the 1950s.

226 - 3 May 2014 : May Day, Dancing, Folk Traditions, Silly Poses

But before all that music and dance, it is time to concentrate on the flower power. Plant those old pictures and see what posts blossom



22 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

I have noted the Linky error message and have submitted a Help Desk Ticket. Hopefully it will be corrected soon.

Alan Burnett said...

Error corrected. Thanks Mr Linky Helpdesk.

Postcardy said...

The May 3, 2014 image is the same as the image used April 28, 2012.

Jofeath said...

Here's one I prepared earlier, ie. before coming to England, where so far we've been enjoying fine weather and lovely spring blossoms and bulbs in all the parks and gardens.

La Nightingail said...

Some gar-den-ing photos with a few laughs just for fun.

Brett Payne said...

I have a gardener in my submission this week, and all the subjects are posing in the garden - will that do?

Postcardy said...

I have some postcards advertising garden tools.

Alan Burnett said...

I have updated the theme image for 226 again (it seems I had used the May pole image before). If you wanted to follow the May Day theme you still can and there are also possibilities for folk traditions and silly poses.

Tattered and Lost said...

A photo from an earlier time in a place still to be determined.

And may I request again to be possibly included in the "roll call" of Sepia Saturday participants? Earlier in the year I was unable to post because of two deaths in my family so I can imagine it appeared I had no intention of participating.

Wendy said...

Flower beds and a pumpkin patch

Little Nell said...

It’s a miracle! I told Alan that if I posted this week it would be a miracle, so there you are. Back from my travels and I’ve spent Good Friday producing a post for Sepia Saturday!

Mike Brubaker said...

Another perfect theme that lets me introduce a garden, a dog, and a singer - all in one.

Kristin said...

Henry rototilling while Hugh watches. Three pictures from Old Plank Road.

Anonymous said...

Gardens I have known and friendship

DougVernX said...

Of course I had to have a roundabout way to connect this post to the theme. lol Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Wandering a bit off the beaten path with two uses for which a garden was used.

Boobook said...

Uncle Allen Taylor features this week.

Barbara Rogers said...

Sharing and enjoying being a blogger along with you all. Have a great Saturday everyone!

21 Wits said...

Hello Alan, my garden is in! A most Happiest of Easter to you too.

dakotaboo said...

Too wet to get out into my actual garden today, so instead I have borrowed some other peoples' gardens.

anyjazz said...

Just a few folks out in the garden.

Alex Daw said...

From Springwood to San Francisco to Canberra to Leura....my typical frog like behaviour....jumping all about.