Saturday 5 November 2022

Sepia Saturday 646 : 5 November 2022

 


I would love to say that this call for submissions is late appearing because I have just come back from a world tour, a trip to view a glacier, or even fish and chips and an ice cream on a day trip to Blackpool, but, alas, that is not the case. It is late appearing because, yet again, I forgot - the inevitable results of having a sepia curator who is nearly as old as many of the photographs he is curating. It's better late than never - and at least - even though it is well after midnight here in darkest Yorkshire - I have still made the pre-Saturday deadline in the Americas. You can interpret this weeks theme image in any way you want, all you have to do is give us an old picture and some new thoughts on or around Saturday 5th November 2022, and link your post to the list below. The next two theme images will appear here first thing tomorrow morning, as soon as I wake up. Promise.




4 comments:

Mike Brubaker said...

Woo Hoo! I get to be first this weekend! Thanks, Alan, for another great theme for which I have a perfect tourist's postcard. Musical of course.

Barbara Rogers said...

I may have chased Alan across the ocean (at a very late hour in his time zone) but my post is just a bunch of updates on construction...from the old versions to the new.

Anonymous said...

I have been MIA for several weeks. And I struggled to bring this post - intended for 10/22, to closure. I may try to finish up another post this weekend as next week will probably be out of the question for me. I've missed participating and thought I would at least read all of your posts while not writing myself, but didn't. I'll try to catch up.

Monica T. said...

No mountains, and no "tourists"... But drinking coffee mentioned quite a few times in my post this week! Continuing my series based on letters written by my grandmother (and her brother) to my grandfather, while he was doing military service in 1925 (before they were a 'couple').