Monday 21 February 2022

Sepia Saturday 610 : 26 February 2022

 


Things are pretty miserable in the world today. There are international tensions, there are pandemics, there are the consequences of climate change: there are more than enough reasons to make us all frown. What we need is cheering up, and one of the best ways to do that is to enjoy some traditional concert party entertainment. Our theme image for Sepia Saturday 610 features a 1924 photograph of the Humming Birds Concert Party. Another way to cheer yourself up is to post an old photograph in our weekly Sepia Saturday virtual exhibition wall. Entrance is open to all, simply post your post - on or around Saturday 26 February 2022 -  and let us know where to find it by adding a link to the list below.

And to keep your minds off the depressing state of global affairs, here is something to look forward to in the weeks ahead.





6 comments:

La Nightingail said...

A little humming, a little laughter, and there you go!

ScotSue said...

Thanks, Alan, for the early posting of the prompts. Dressing up is fun - my theme for this week.

Monica T. said...

I agree the heads-up about future prompts is helpful, thanks :) I'm going with a sort of dress-up theme this week, too. The occasion is - I think - my great-aunt Gerda's homecoming to Sweden after having spent the WWI years in France. (Sorry about the double links above, please ignore the first one as it only leads back here!)

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh I thought I'd be first and yet I ended up fourth! So happy for early prompts, thanks Alan! Mine is just different people looking at camera - plus a funny article on bobble heads.

Mike Brubaker said...

Okay, this was an easy match to find in my collection, but it took longer to write as I kept uncovering more colorful images to tell the story. Musical, of course, but LONG. If you stay to the end, there's a treat.

Anonymous said...

I am late! And haven't been here for a couple of weeks. Too much life going on. I had no idea I would match the prompt, but I ended up with a match as I meandered through tons of newspaper clippings about another story.