Thursday 29 July 2021

Sepia Saturday 581 : 31 July 2021

 
Here we are at letter Q, and equally here we are at the seaside in Southport. For me, Southport means the seaside town just north of Liverpool, but I am well aware that I might equally be in the USA or South Africa or Australia. The Southport featured in our theme image this week is the town of Southport in Queensland, Australia. In addition to the potential theme of south ports, war memorials, palm trees and field guns, you could also try anything that starts with the letter Q. Or, there again, you could just post any old photo you please on or around Saturday 31st July 2021 and add a link to the list below.  And where else could you possibly go to after Southport other than to a Rolling Stones concert in Norway. You can always find variety on Sepia Saturday!




4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Had to go with the only thing I thought I could replicate from old photos...then a second thing was a surprise at the last minute!

ScotSue said...

A look at some of the beautiful and moving war memorials in Scotland and England.

Molly's Canopy said...

My great grandfather's Italian fraternal society was a monument to a fighter for Italian unification.

Mike Brubaker said...

I'm a day late, but this weekend's theme inspired a big story that I've been wanting to write for some time and it needed another day to get it right. It's about an unusual war memorial, and for a change, it does not involve music.