Thursday 30 January 2020

Sepia Saturday 505 : 1 February 2020


Another week, another month, another archive, another place .... another Sepia Saturday prompt image. All our February Sepia Saturday prompt images come from the Flickr Commons collection of the archives of Liberas, the Belgian archive dedicated to preserving and managing the heritage of liberal organisations. For Sepia Saturday 505 (post your posts on or around Saturday 1st February 2020), think boats, think canals .... think any old photograph you want which may be connected in some way or another with our theme image. Once you have done so add a link to your post to the list below.

Whilst you are waiting for the lock-gates of your mind to swing open, you might want to see what is in store over the next couple of weeks.





9 comments:

La Nightingail said...

Yea! :) A bunch of skinny waterways from all over.

Alan Burnett said...

My post seems an almost perfect match for the theme image - I promise I didn't cheat!!

Barbara Rogers said...

I ended up searching for which locks I'd visited as a child on the Mississippi River near St Louis.

Molly's Canopy said...

This week's ancestor, Waples Hance, may have operated a river ferry near Binghamton, Broome County, N.Y.

Wendy said...

Boat docks at Smith Mountain Lake

Mike Brubaker said...

It's still Saturday so I'm not late. I have no boats. But I do have the conclusion to my story on three sisters. I hope you find it worth reading.

virginiaallain said...

I found a boat, after much searching.

Sandra Williamson said...

I can't believe that it's illegal now to throw streamers from a departing ship!

Unknown said...

My post contrasts the ordered way man has controlled Nature in the prompt image taken in the 'old world' to how man attempted to control it by building bridges in the 'new world'. Featured images are of bridges that my great grandfather helped to build in Australia and that Nature later destroyed through flooding.