Thursday 17 October 2019

Sepia Saturday 492 : 19 October 2019


I have spent quite a bit of time this last eighteen months pushing a pram around: for some reason this is something you recall much more when you are pushing your grandchildren around rather than their parents. I dare say there are a good few photographs locked away inside mobile phones of me on recent pram-pushing duty, but those are far too recent for Sepia Saturday purposes. The compulsion to take out a camera every time a baby and a pram is present is, luckily for our purposes, not only universal, but also timeless. Therefore, for Sepia Saturday 492, we are asking you to dip into your archives and find a suitable image - and then post it on or around Saturday 19th October. Add a link to the list below and you can help propel the image around the world.

Whilst you are waiting for the little cherub to fall asleep, take a look at what is around the sepia corner.




7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

More articles about the Basse family, this time in type rather than olde English writing (see yesterday's blog for original documents.)

La Nightingail said...

Prams, happy babies, two ladies, tams, lace - where to focus?

Mike Brubaker said...

Running low on babies in my collection, but I've got a good one and it's musical too.

Molly's Canopy said...

By the age of 18, my third great-grandmother Hannah (Hance) Blakeslee was wheeling her first daughter in a pram much like the women in this week's prompt. Could her backstory explain why she left her husband decades later?

violet s said...

I think my love of these beautiful old prams stems from my early childhood pram.

ScotSue said...

Bonnie family babies past and present feature in my post.

Alex Daw said...

It took a while to find a new photo or two but I got there in the end.