Tuesday 24 June 2014

Sepia Saturday 234 : 28 June 2014


First of all let me say thank you to everyone for their good wishes last week - we had a wonderful day which will live long in our memory. I regret to say that I am still in recovery mode, so please accept my apologies if this call is towards the perfunctory end of the scale. For Sepia Saturday 234 our theme image - which comes from the University of Washington Flickr stream - shows a number of people with their feet in the water. For those looking for a theme to follow there are lakes, there are reflections, there are our old friends the hats again .... there are all sorts of possibilities. Just post your post on or around Saturday 28th June 2014 and then link your post to the list below. Sepian Wendy Mathias very kindly suggested a number of possible themes and I will be incorporating many of these into our calls in the weeks to come (I have kept the theme for 236, Wendy, but changed the image as the one you suggested was a little small). Don't forget, anyone can suggest a theme by e-mailing me or leaving a suggestion on our Facebook page. So here are the next two Sepia Saturday themes for you to think about:-

235 : Greetings and handshakes : pipes and politicians

236 : Hair, drying, beauty, nails, strange headgear.

That is for the future. For now, I am going back to bed and I am going to leave you with Sepia Saturday 234 to reflect upon.


22 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes, standing in shallow water, or floating on a tube...the joys of cool wading!

La Nightingail said...

I was surprised I had so many pictures of my family wading in water one way and another!

Jofeath said...

Paddling and picnics are my takes on this week's prompt.

Little Nell said...

I had to narrow it down to people paddling in their outdoor clothes (as per prompt), otherwise I wouldn’t be able to stop!

Bob Scotney said...

Do people send seaside postcards anymore?

luvlinens said...

Just "CHILLIN"

Postcardy said...

I originally was going to post something with "reflections" but ended up updating a post with "waders" that I did a few years ago (but not for Sepia Saturday).

Sean Bentley said...

Inspired to dip my toes in early this week.

Wendy said...

Ratting out my mother.

Sharon said...

The miners of the past did it tough!

Kristin said...

My mother and friend standing in Lake Idlewild. 1945.

Anonymous said...

Reflections - literal and figurative this week.

Mike Brubaker said...

I'll take this cue to show a favorite summertime photo and postcard.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I was going to do something about the wonderful "finds" people have made while squishing around in the wet sand with their feet, but then nostalgia got in the way.

Anonymous said...

A mised bunch of images

Tattered and Lost said...

The ladies are testing the waters.

Sensible Footwear said...

Tower Beach, London

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I've done this twice! Anyway - I'm back! I think it has probably been a year or so. Had the perfect picture to motivate me to participate.

anyjazz said...

Just a few waders and some comments.

DougVernX said...

You're not going to get me in the water this time of year around here. :)

Unknown said...

I love these shots!

Bob Scotney said...

The spammer found me too!

Message for Sheetar - I cannot comment on your posts as your site will not recognise my website.

As there are no visible comments it appears I am not the only one.