Thursday 19 August 2010

Sepia Saturday 37

Last week, the delightful Marilyn from New Zealand (My Magpie Collection) gave us a Sepia Saturday post which featured her grandfather (George Richard Parsons).  There was a wonderful sepia photograph, a full and fascinating account of his life, and as an additional bonus, even his pastry recipe. It was a classic Sepia Saturday post and one which I very much enjoyed reading. But I don't think I have come across one I haven't enjoyed in all the weeks I have been hosting Sepia Saturday. And remember, the photographs don't have to be sepia : as I said to someone last week, sepia is a state of mind and not just a colour.

The recipe for our continued pleasure is an easy one. Just post an old photograph, tell us about it and add a link to the post on the list below. Sepia Saturday 37 will take place on or around Saturday 21st August. Everyone is invited.

18 comments:

Christine H. said...

Allen, I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I appreciate Sepia Saturdays and your role in organizing them. I have learned so much and been transported through so many family histories. It's truly a joy. Thank you!

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Hi Alan, thank you for Sepia Saturday; I too thoroughly enjoy Marilyn's posts and naturally all the other interesting family sagas.
The sepia photo of her grandfather is particularly beautiful.

tony said...

I'm here!

Unknown said...

will be showing the other side of this household

Martin said...

I'm in!

Tattered and Lost said...

This week I have an adorable little boy and girl dressed in their finest. It was purchased a few weeks ago at an estate sale. I can only imagine little boys today standing still wearing what this little fellow had to wear.

Thanks Alan for hosting this fun event.

Vicki Lane said...

I'm still in the Forties and WWII with my recently discovered cache of ephemera and photos.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I would like to thank you for your very kind words and for having my grandfather's photo in this weeks Sepia Saturday header. I do appreciate your Sepia Saturday blog and of being able to take part in it. I find everyone's entry so interesting and enjoy reading each one. I have a small piece about my mother-in-law and her sisters this week, a little in sight into their childhood.

Jinksy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jinksy said...

Oops! Let's try again to write intelligible English!
I've added my tuppence for the week...

Alan Burnett said...

Mine is up : it might sound a bit effusive and sentimental .... but it's cheaper than sending an anniversary card

Christine H. said...

Alan, don't know why or how I spelled your name wrng larst tme. Thse thngs jurst happen somtimes.

Jo said...

Thanks for another Sepia Saturday - I'm joining in this time! Love your photos and going through mine scanning like mad :-)

Leslie Ann said...

I'm baaack. :-)

Leslie Ann said...

Oops - I boo booed. My correct link is 25. Sorry.

Your Genetic Genealogist said...

#27 here. First timer. Great idea! Thanks for hosting us. - CeCe Moore

Unknown said...

I could not leave a comment on frogmum's but it was a great photo

Sean Bentley said...

Sorry I'm late! I'm on the road and motel wifi ain't what it used to be!