Thursday, 1 October 2026

Sepia Saturday 846 - 3rd October 2026

 

For reasons I have now forgotten, I decided that the theme for Sepia Saturday in October should be the elements. I have weekly posts featuring earth, water, fire, and air, but you can incorporate any element you like into your featured old photographs - or no element at all. For the final Saturday of the month, which happens to be Halloween, I have invented a new element: ghosts. For this first Friday, I am featuring “earth” and an image from the Flickr Commons collection of the National Library of Ireland. Whatever on earth you decide to dig up for this week’s Sepia Saturday, please do so on or around Saturday, 3 October 2026, and add a link to the list below.




2 comments:

La Nightingail said...

Sometimes the story means as much or maybe even more than what was, or was not accomplished. :)

ScotSue said...

My cousin's family me from the islandof Unst, the most northerly part of the British Isles. Their connection lived on down the generations in their middle name, with the ruins of their ancestral homes still visible today.