Thursday 20 January 2022

Sepia Saturday 605 : 22 January 2022

 


Our Sepia Saturday header this week features another image from our "Photo Archive Of The Month" - Camden Public Library in Maine in the USA. The 1899 print features, rather appropriately, two children enjoying the snow. It may be appropriate because - depending on the outcome of a lateral flow test tomorrow - by Saturday I might be tramping through the snow in the Dolomites drawing my grandchildren behind me on a sledge. You need neither a positive or negative test to take part in Sepia Saturday, all that you need is an old photo and a link to the list below.


6 comments:

Mike Brubaker said...

WooHoo! I get to be first for a change. I think I have some good matches for this theme. In color and non-musical too.

smkelly8 said...

Quite a winter wonderland with some drama.

Sharon said...

Life took over and it has been nearly 5 years since I have posted in Sepia Saturday! I recently came across the Sepia Saturday book which prompted me to look you up again.

Monica T. said...

I'm linking to a post with two postcards written by my grandmother Sally in 1916 to her older brother Gustaf. One of them mentions snow in the text, the other has snow on the ground. If you want even more snow, you can also scroll down to the previous post, with Christmas/New Year cards from c. 1915. (If you're wondering about Gerda, she's off on a trip to the French Riviera. She'll be back in a future post.)

ScotSue said...

Snowy pleasures to look back on.

Barbara Rogers said...

An old trip to Canada to share this week...no snow at the time however.