Thursday 16 July 2020

Sepia Saturday 529 : 18th July 2020


There comes a point in everyone's life when you just have to take a deep breath and dive in. If you want to be the apple of someone's eye you need to box clever. Yes, if you look at an old image for long enough, some silly puns will come into your mind. This week we invite you to look at this splendid old image of a box label from a Californian fruit farm and come up with, not a silly pun, but with an old image of your own. If you are going to dive in and join us, do it on or around Saturday 18th July 2020 and add a link to your post to the list below.

Whilst you all swim around munching on crunchy apples, I am swimming off to find another Sepia Saturday theme image. Here is next week's: the following one will be added when I come up for air.






8 comments:

La Nightingail said...

'Cheesecake' sells! Or it did. I don't think we'd see very many of these labels today. :)

ScotSue said...

My response ranges om pretty models, to fresh fruit, to vintage adverts of food and drink.


JMP183 said...

I don't have any advertising posters, so I decided to take one of my photos from when I was a little girl and adlib it...a little. Hey...there's fruit in it.

Molly's Canopy said...

I went with head over heels in "Wedding Bells for Albert and Annie (Miller) Charboneau."

Barbara Rogers said...

Sorry, not very sepia...but beautiful girls who swim! And they are doing it for "times" in races.

Wendy said...

Ink-blotter ads

Mike Brubaker said...

I'm kind of close to the theme I think. Something artistic and non-musical for a change.

virginiaallain said...

I'm so mixed up with this pandemic and husband being in the hospital (not Covid), that I wrote this post a week ago.