Monday 18 September 2017

Sepia Saturday 386 : 23 September 2017

Flickr Commons - National Science and Media Museum - Daily Herald Archive
Our theme image this week is from 1953 and shows a young Prince Charles looking out of the window of Buckingham Palace on the occasion of his mothers' Coronation. All sorts of potential themes come to mind - looking out, windows, small children and small details which form part of larger photographs. Whichever theme you choose, just share an old photograph in a Blogpost and add a link to the list below on or around Saturday 23rd September 2017.

Whilst you are watching out, waiting for the main event to start, take a look at what is around the Sepia Saturday corner.





8 comments:

ScotSue said...

A look back to recent memories of family and holidays with "windows on life".

La Nightingail said...

Several ways to make things appear closer than they actually are!

Kristin said...

A photo from 1953 with memories of looking out of the window.

Little Nell said...

Look back at looking out.

Mike Brubaker said...

Opps! I posted my story this weekend in haste and mistakenly put my link into last weekend's Sepia Saturday #385. Fixed it now. I have a lake story with a small boy that sort of fits for this theme too.

Barbara Rogers said...

Some very old windows, through which my ancestors must have looked. Are their glimpses still there, I wonder.

Molly's Canopy said...

Continuing my quest for the source of my grandmother's signature style -- this time with a photo of her with her siblings.

tony said...

It's Saturday...Again!