Tuesday 6 June 2017

Sepia Saturday 371 : 10th June 2017


Our theme image this week shows a man with a wooden box. Whoever the man is, he doesn't seem happy with life and maybe that could be a potential theme you would like to explore. There again ,there are boxes, men with bowler hats, and .... boxes. The photograph comes from the Flickr Commons collection of the National Library of Ireland, but for whatever reason it has now been withdrawn from Flickr - perhaps it was making everyone a little too miserable. You don't need to be miserable, of course, all you need to do is post a post on or around Saturday 10th June 2017 and link to the list below. Things get a little happier over the next couple of weeks - here is a preview of the themes.



And just in case you think that Marilyn and I have been sitting back with our feet up doing nothing but constructing wooden boxes, here is proof that we have been busy planning the next three months of Sepia Saturday fun. The is just an overview, of course, but hopefully it is enough to whet your appetite.





11 comments:

ScotSue said...

Mouastaches, hats and wood combine in my post with the only photogrpah I have of my great grandfather a joiner.

Jofeath said...

Kids playing shops with a packing box. Just a quickie this week as I'm currently on holiday in Fiji. Not a lot of shops around, but no worries, we're on Fiji time, as they like to say here.

JohnF said...

Not seeing how to share to Sepia Sat. anymore. What am I missing?

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

Seems to me I know a lot of grumpy old men, but why couldn't I find pictures of them?

La Nightingail said...

Boxes and barrels. What can one do with them?

Wendy said...

A poem by a miserable man

JohnF said...

Going with the unknown.
Fun stuff once again.

Little Nell said...

Join me on the bowling green.

Tattered and Lost said...

Don't box my ears for this one.

Mike Brubaker said...

I've got a good match for the mustache and a story about two photos linked with a name.

Barbara Rogers said...

Not totally sepia, just 10 year old photos of moving around things.