Tuesday 11 April 2017

Sepia Saturday 363 : 15 April 2017


Shadows And Light (Unknown Date And Subjects - Alan Burnett's Collection)

Our theme image this week is taken from an old scanned negative of unknown origin which forms part of my ever-expanding collection of long-lost photographs and negatives. It appealed to me for a number of reasons - it's a great composition, a fine study in shadows and light and a perfect, unposed portrait of two children. You can use any of these as your prompt, or interpret the image in whichever way you like. All you have to do is to give us an old image and some new words on or around Saturday 15th April 2017.

As usual, here is a preview of the next two Sepia Saturday themes.




8 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

A series of candid or casual photos of black women activists from the early 1900s started me on my way to adding a couple of news photos of other black women who became famous for their activism.

tony said...

a photo of My Mum & Aunt Nellie.

Mike Brubaker said...

I serve up a photo of children with a side of irony.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

On the road and having trouble with Bloggo. But managed to get a few photos on.

21 Wits said...

Well it's been too long since I've posted here, so for Easter here is my White House Egg Roll post!

Alex Daw said...

Can you help me with a bit of a transcription puzzle please?

Jofeath said...

Big sisters and little brothers seem to be a thing in our family so I've created a collage of them.

Kristin said...

Several years late, adding a photo of my mother and her siblings in 1930.