Monday 6 June 2016

Sepia Saturday 334 : 11th June 2016


Now that is what I like to see - plenty of healthy exercise. As you read this I will be sailing on the Baltic Sea, exercising my arm by repeatedly lifting a pint glass and my hand by waving for the steward to move my sun lounger into the morning sun. You can exercise your ingenuity by providing us with a submission for Sepia Saturday 334 where the theme image shows some energetic people jumping over a tea towel and landing on a small dog (or something like that). The photograph was taken in 1935 and is part of the National Media Museum stream on Flickr Commons. Whatever you come up with - or come down on - just post your post on or around Saturday 11th June 2016 and add a link to the list below.

I will also be island hopping this week so will not be joining you. However, I sadly have to report the loss of one of members; last week Barbara, of the blog Bound For Oz passed away. Although we are all sad, we can remember the enjoyment she gave us through her Sepia Saturday posts, which will remain as her memorial.
Marilyn


Before you tire yourself out, you might want to have a look at what is around the sepia corner


After all the exercise of this week it looks as though things are slowing down. About time too.  Waiter, another single malt please - and could you just fluff up my cushion for me.





11 comments:

La Nightingail said...

Beach Blanket Bingo: Bathing suits and beach games.

DougVernX said...

A lot of sand involved with my post.

Barbara Rogers said...

An athlete in the family, as well as links to older posts about beaches.

Wendy said...

A man and a dog and a stick. If only that beach towel had been a stick!

Mike Brubaker said...

No sand but definitely a beach, and a dog too if you look close. Musical of course.

Nancy said...

How sad to learn of Barbara's passing. Blessings to her family. My post has no sand, no dog, but a man.

Tattered and Lost said...

Sorry to hear of Barbara's passing. Her work won't be forgotten.

My selection this week is simply odd, wonderfully odd.

Unknown said...

Wool bathing suits!

Jofeath said...

Beach fun but the sea can be treacherous.

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Plunge into a pool or a lake!

Unknown said...

Short post about a niece jumping around.