Monday 19 January 2015

Sepia Saturday 263 : 24 January 2015


Regular readers will know that we are currently trotting our way through the various archive collections available via the Flickr Commons initiative. This week we have arrived at the Internet Archive of Book Images and, in particular, an illustration from the 1882 volume "Breeder and Sportsman" which is advertising air cushion rubber pads. So for Sepia Saturday 263 - post your posts on or around Saturday 24th January 2015 - we invite the themers amongst you to look out your old photographs which feature adverts, horses, carts or any variety of strange and curious objects.

Before you canter off in the direction of your weekly Sepia Saturday post, cast an eye over what is to come in the next couple of weeks.

264 : Coastline, aerial photographs, looking down on things

265 : Arts, crafts, potters and classrooms

That is all for the future. We don't want any slipping. Get out your air cushion pads, post your post and then link it to the list below. Order by name - and the name is Sepia Saturday.




20 comments:

Georgie said...

Getting in a but early, but it's my first time so hopefully it works OK :)

ScotSue said...

After a gap of some weeks, hhis theme fitted in so well with some recently acquired photos of horses and billboards.

Barbara said...

Hello all, I don't manage to join in every week, but I always enjoy it when I do. Thanks for having me! Barbara

Postcardy said...

I have ads for folding delivery boxes.

tony said...

snowing hard in Yorkshire tonight.This inspired my post.

La Nightingail said...

The Old Gray Mare, She Ain't What She Used To Be!

Anonymous said...

I'm returning after a long silence of refocusing what my blog was about. I had lost sight of it, but I'm happy to say I'm now found again! :-)

Wendy said...

One of my distant ancestors is mentioned in an ad.

Unknown said...

The more things change, the more they stay the same! Here's some 1923 advertisements for products we still use today!

Little Nell said...

Cricket themed adverts from 1971.

Tattered and Lost said...

A family photo of a perfect cart, or is is a trap?

Anonymous said...

A woman's magazine from 1939 - ads, serials and articles.

Nancy said...

My dad's ads....

Sharon said...

Advertisements for Pink Pills for Pale People.

Kristin said...

I surprised myself and found something after all. A heading and column from a 1894 issue of The Freeman with a column of people searching for their lost relatives from slave days.

Mike Brubaker said...

For this weekend I have a remarkable double story of a horse and a boys band.

Anonymous said...

Scrapbook Post, has some advertising wrappers in it.

Jofeath said...

By hook or by crook ... I finally decided what to write about this week, and hope that a few people will read it, despite my tardiness.

Boobook said...

Got it done before the end of the weekend, despite spending too much time watching the Australian Open:)

DougVernX said...

My post is a bit late but there's no horsing around, lol. BTW I'm not a robot!