Tuesday 21 October 2014

Sepia Saturday 251 : 25th October 2014


I'm back. First let me thank Marilyn for looking after the blog, on top of all her work on the Sepia Saturday Facebook Group, whilst I was away. When she chose this splendid image from the Tasmanian Archive and Heritage Centre, she suggested as possible theme interpretations - bobbies, bellies, bums and brushes - but one could keep the alliterative pendulum swinging by adding beards. Whatever your choice of old image - be it a b or be it not - simply post your post on or around Saturday 25th October 2014 and then add a link to the list below.

Before you accompany the constables to the Police Station to help them with their enquiries, take a look at the next couple of Sepia Saturday calls.



So there we go. It wasn't me that did it. In fact I have an alibi, officer. I was writing my Sepia Saturday 251 post at the time.


21 comments:

dakotaboo said...

Having missed the last 2 weeks, I thought I'd get in super early this week.

Jofeath said...

There were a few policemen in my husband's wider family.

Alan Burnett said...

Testing, testing, testing.

Alan Burnett said...

Tasting, tasting, tasting

Kristin said...

1963 anti police brutality demonstration covered in the Illustrated News.

Postcardy said...

My subject is the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Little Nell said...

Looking back and looking forward all at the same time.

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm continuing my series from yearbooks of my ancestors in high school, many of whom wore uniforms, which is kind of connected to these gentlemen.

La Nightingail said...

A sneaky peek between Bobbies gave me the idea for my Sepia post this week.

Wendy said...

No bobbies or bellies, just beards

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Tales of political activism in Queensland in the 1960s.

Bob Scotney said...

I am on holiday at the moment but could not resist a coppers' theme.

ScotSue said...

-A short and light-heerted post from me this week - but one of very happy memories.

Mike Brubaker said...

Several tall hats for me and I may even have the same guy on the right! At least if his mustache traveled half way round the world.

Anonymous said...

A very contrived route from bobbies i.e. police to a school in Murtoa

DougVernX said...

It's a stretch but I think I've found a link to the prompt. Emblems? Does that count? :)

Bel said...

I have two beards but no coppers. I hope this is good enough for the theme this week! Bel

Boobook said...

Only one policeman in my family.

Alex Daw said...

A saga in 3 parts no less!

Alex Daw said...

I have amended my post so you can actually find the links to Parts 2 & 3!!

ScotSue said...

I thought I had posted my contribution on Friday but realised Sunday it did not appear on the listing - so second time lucky now, I hope.