Tuesday 26 April 2011

Sepia Saturday 72 : 30 April 2011

Image : Hartlepool Museums and Heritage Service via Flickr Commons
I suppose I could have been very British and chosen a wedding theme for Sepia Saturday this week (there is a big wedding taking place on Friday it would appear) but no doubt those who want to follow that theme will do so. For those looking for an alternative theme, how about "time", which, after all, is what Sepia Saturday is all about. This archive photograph comes from the collection of the Hartlepool Museums and Heritage Service and shows a fragment of a German shell lodged in an alarm clock following the shelling of Hartlepool by German ships in December 1914. Of course, you don't have to follow a theme - be it wars or weddings - and you can just feature an old image and tell us about it. Whatever your choice, Sepia Saturday 72 will be taking place on or around Saturday 30 April 2011. Unlike that famous wedding, everyone is invited.
SEPIA SATURDAY is a weekly meme which encourages bloggers to publish and share old images and photographs. All that is required is for contributors to post an old image (it doesn't have to be in sepia) and provide a few words in explanation. If you could provide a link back to the Sepia Saturday Blog and visit as many of the other contributors as you can, it would also be appreciated. There is no weekly theme, as such, but some people like to use the archive image published with the weekly call as a kind of theme. There is no requirement to adopt such an approach : the choice of image is entirely up to you. Once you have published your Sepia Saturday post, add a link to that post to the Linky List published each week and leave a comment to let everyone know you are joining in.

23 comments:

dakotaboo said...

As my kids would almost certainly say, "I'm well early this week, init", or something to that effect. However, with events planned for the weekend I'm not sure I'll have time so thought I'd get my posting up today.

Alf and Lily Creations said...

I have also posted early this week, lots of plans for the long weekend. Haven't posted in a while due to a broken computer...Karen

Postcardy said...

I have lots of clocks this week.

Kristin said...

Time passes without clocks in my post this week.

Bob Scotney said...

Clocking in!

Tattered and Lost said...

What a perfect image for Sepia Saturday. Time stopped. Isn't that what we revel in each week? A moment in time stopped.

Wonderful image. Alas I do not follow the theme.

Brett Payne said...

I'm taking my cue from Alan this week, and doing something else ...

Little Nell said...

I had to go with the wedding theme, but as you will read, someone's timing went wrong, resulting in a strange re-enactment.

DougVernX said...

Some weddings are timeless. And that's what my post is about.

tony said...

Totally off-topic [again]

Howard said...

More postcards then and now from me this week

Unknown said...

I had just the thing for time and just enough time to join in.

Your Genetic Genealogist said...

A very quick entry from me just to get back in the flow of SS. A trick of time...
CeCe

Anonymous said...

My post is about how time stands still and yet time passes. And football. American football that is.

Nancy said...

What a perfectly wonderful photograph, Alan. Hopefully, someone had more time to live because the clock too the bullet.

Jinksy said...

This has to be a first! Without knowing it, I've almost complied by following your subject matter with my post today! The word "Wedding" certainly features in it, and the results of time! LOL

I loved that battered alarm clock, BTW!

Alan Burnett said...

My post celebrates another wartime clock ..... and a topless beauty.

Little Nell said...

Apparently I forgot to post a link in Mr Linky when I made the above comment yesterday. This has now been rectified; do visit!

21 Wits said...

A topless beauty Alan, hmmm? What could it be!!! Can't wait to see what marvelous photo you have! I hope your weekend is delightful and that you do check out my post for this time-war-wedding bliss! Take care!

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2011/04/sepia-saturday-72-30-april-2011.html

Bruno Laliberté said...

a themer, sort of...
mix in Montreal, the british crown, war and the St-Lawrence river. a big post, so drop by when you do have a few minutes to spare...
:)~
HUGZ

Anonymous said...

My First time posting here, Love the clock photo!

Mike Brubaker said...

Time stops in my contribution for this weekend, so I'm a themer too.

Unknown said...

Wow new blogger layouts. Made me late, but here with my pea coat on. Great photo and story Alan.
QMM