Friday 28 May 2021

Sepia Saturday 572 : 29 May 2021

 
Our tour of the archives reaches the letter H and where better to look than the photographic archives of the Museum of Hartlepool. Our theme image this week features a 1920s print entitled "Remaining Belongings"which shows a man and a boy rescuing what remains of their household effects following the Great Timber Yard Fire of 1922. They carry a mattress, a couple of chairs and two framed photographs: emphasising, if ever it needed emphasising for us Sepians, the importance of the saved image. If a fire was to break out up the street now, I would abandon the chair, but quickly disconnect the hard drive with all my collected digital images. What image would you save if fire was heading down the street? Whether it's a saved image, a mattress, or a couple of old chairs, post your post on or around Saturday 29th May 2021 and add a link to the list below.

Here is what you might like to save for the next Sepia Saturday prompt.



5 comments:

Wendy said...

Not a very cheerful post

Barbara Rogers said...

Hi all my Sepia friends...I'm reposting a blog about my eldest son...with his photos as a baby it kind of qualifies as Sepia, though not really. I've missed reading all your posts lately! Gotta do something about that!!

Molly's Canopy said...

This week a Memorial Day post from the archives about my dad, a WWII Navy veteran, who joined me on the genealogy journey.

Mike Brubaker said...

This theme defeated me, so instead I offer another installment of well dressed clarinets.

Anonymous said...

I didn't come up with an idea until yesterday and when I woke up at 3 a.m., I tried to figure out what to include. This seems to be a frequent process for me these days. Not a very good way to go about it!