Wednesday 19 September 2018

Sepia Saturday 437 : 22 September 2018


A much loved car outside a postwar prefabricated house: could anything be more redolent of the early 1950s. The car may not be a new one, but it has been washed and polished until you can see your reflection in it. The photograph contains equal measures of pride and hope - emotions that were equally redolent of the decade in question. As a theme image, you can take whatever element you want from it: be it as solid as a chrome bumper bar or as ephemeral as an emotion. All you need to do is to post your Sepia Saturday post on or around Saturday 22nd September 2018 and add a link to the list below. Before you reach once again for the chamois leather, you might want to take a look at what lies ahead.  And don't forget - the full list of theme images for the rest of the year is now available/






7 comments:

Rosie said...

So far so good, sometimes my old computer gives me trouble posting here.

La Nightingail said...

Washing cars one way and another.

Barbara Rogers said...

A collection of cars and people someplace down the road.

Molly's Canopy said...

Alas, not even close to the prompt this week as I finish up a series on my Union veteran great-great grandfather Arthur Bull's probate process -- featuring a photo of a Union widow with a parrot.

Postcardy said...

I have some vintage automobile advertising postcards.

ScotSue said...

A cavalcade of cars is my contribution.

Mike Brubaker said...

I think I have a match for this weekend. Musical of course.

And I don't know much about hacking, but I do recognize annoying spam when I see it.