Monday 3 September 2018

Sepia Saturday 435 : 8th September 2018


I have been posting the Sepia Saturday theme prompt for just short of nine years, and, as you can see, this is the 435th such post. In all those years, in all those Saturdays, in all those posts, I have never yet forgotten to post the weekly prompt .... until last week that is!  What can I say? My apologies to you all for leaving you call-less last week, and even more so, my apologies for causing some of you to worry about what had become of me. It has been quite a hectic couple of months and although I remembered to pre-post the calls whilst I was on holiday, I completely forgot when I returned. My excuse is a simple one: I am delighted to say that I became a grandfather in July and somehow that experience has caused me to wander around like a wide-eyed, preoccupied fool with a big grin on my face and little else going on in my mind.

Now I am back and Sepia Saturday is back, and, if I have anything to do with it, it will remain back for the foreseeable future. The theme image for this coming Saturday is entitled "Wedding On The Steps" and comes from my own collection of lost and found photographs. As always you can search for a theme within the image (weddings, steps, and flowers all come to mind), or navigate your own flight of sepia fancy and share any old photograph you like. All you have to do is to post your post on or around Saturday 8th September and add a link to the list below.

Here is a quick preview of the next two Sepia Saturday theme images.






15 comments:

ScotSue said...

Good to hear from you, Alan and congratulations on becoming a Grandfather!

tony said...

Nice One Grandpa.

La Nightingail said...

So glad all is okay and congratulations on entering the world of grandpa'ism. As you have already discovered, it can tilt you right off balance but in a wonderful way! :) As you may have noticed, some of us figured out ways to share our posts in the absence of Mr. Linky last week, AND in the total absence of the entire blog this just past week. However, I'm very happy to see everything back to normal, making things a whole lot easier! Yea!!!

Molly's Canopy said...

What a relief to read this message! And congratulations to you and the whole family on your new grandchild. Great to have you and the other Sepians back in action as usual :-)

tony said...

Grandpa Burnett..I'm in!

Barbara Rogers said...

Congrats Gramps! Glad that you have only been knocked off kilter by your new name title! Aren't grandchildren wonderful? My post is in honor of a grandmother...no wedding I'm afraid. But there were 2 wives who ended up buried next to each other!

ScotSue said...

Who doesn't like a wedding! I take a look down the decades at weddings in my extended family - with the emphasis on the flowers.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

Congratulations Alan! Another great prompt this week. Thank you for keeping us all inspired. When you weren't there I thought of Jonie Mitchell's song, "Big Yellow Taxi."

"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til it's gone"

Alan Burnett said...

Thank you all for your kind messages. My celebration of weddings could only feature one - the wedding of Frank and Miriam Fieldhouse.

Little Nell said...

Remember me? Apologies for the long absence.

Mike Brubaker said...

I offer my congratulations as well, Alan, and I am glad all is right with the Sepia world again. However my post is based on the now infamous Lost Weekend of Sepia Saturday last. It was too good a match.

smkelly8 said...

I echo all the heartfelt congratulations!

Gill Edwards said...

Congratulations on becoming a grandad, what an exciting time for you all. I'm joining in for the first time in many years and its good to be back and taking part.

Rosie said...

Congratulations on becoming grandparents!!!

Molly's Canopy said...

Well it's Sepia Monday at Molly's Canopy after my old router knocked me off the Internet! Thankfully I'm back with a new router and the third post on the settlement of my gg grandfather Arthur T. Bull's estate -- this post about some help for his widow from a fellow veteran.