Monday 12 October 2015

Sepia Saturday 301 : 17 October 2015


Regular Sepians will already know that we are experimenting with theme image prompts without words - leaving you with the freedom to interpret them in any way you want to. Without a shadow of a doubt you are on your own with this one, after all, we Sepians are adults and not children. The powers that be (Marilyn and me) have decided that you should be left looking at the picture until you come up with your own interpretation, however much time that may take. All we ask you to do is to is to come up with some kind of link and post your post on or around Saturday 17th October 2015. Take you time - there is no need to watch the clock - and once your post is up on your blog link it to the list below. Of course you don't have to be a themer - you can simply feature an old image and tell us a little bit about it - that's what Sepia Saturday is all about.

Alan forgot to tell you about the prompt image, after cleverly adding some theme suggestions. It’s from the National Archives of Estonia Album on Flickr and it’s titled ‘Children of the Rosen Family’. As well as looking back, perhaps we can look forward, and imagine what may have happened to those delightful children who are the subjects of this image. This is a Jewish family in pre-war Estonia. Now if that isn’t food for thought I don’t know what is. Above all, please remember, there is no need to theme; we just welcome your contributions.

Marilyn


And here is a quick reminder of next week's Sepia Saturday theme image. If you would like to see further down the sepia road than that you can find all of our theme images until the end of 2015 by following THIS LINK.


16 comments:

La Nightingail said...

In looking for pix for THIS week's Sepia challenge, I came across three that should have been included in LAST week's post so I'm posting them THIS week as an addendum to LAST week. That's clear - yes?

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I loved the sense of anticipation in this photo, but couldn't find anything to match it. I have decided to attempt profile shots with my own bumbling photographic efforts after studying these and realizing how much more interesting they are than face forward portraits.

Kristin said...

My mother and look off stage left while my sister watches the ground.

La Nightingail said...

So here's the real deal - this week's entry - wondering what folks are watching?

Jofeath said...

Struggling this week and like Helen above I had to resort to using some of my own photographs.

Wendy said...

Shoot -- NOT THIS ONE

Wendy said...

That's what I get for typing in the dark. My contribution shows children in the shadows.

Anonymous said...

Clocks in the background of photos

Unknown said...

One adult, four children...

Postcardy said...

I have some examples of stair step children.

Rosie said...

I kind of went with the theme, sort of.......

Little Nell said...

I focused o the children holding on - something my family have had to do quite a lot of lately!

Mike Brubaker said...

I'm following the view off-camera for this weekend, with a photo that seems appropriate.

Boobook said...

Time, sort of, and a postcard not a photo.

Bruno Laliberté said...

A single picture, yeah, just one!!
But it kind of work with the prompt picture,
I think....

21 Wits said...

Hello Alan! I'm back again after a vacation in Alabama and I have to admit this was really fun just coming up with my own thoughts on your image! I'm right on with my response I think. Enjoy your weekend.