Monday 1 September 2014

Sepia Saturday 244 : 6 September 2014

Man With Monkey and Child. Tasmanian Archives on Flickr Commons  
I'm not actually here. This call has been generated by the Sepia Electronic Publishing Initiating Apparatus of the Selected Automatic Transcontinental Utility Rationalising Department At Yorkshire (we are generally known by our acronym). Now, you may think that I am monkeying around, but I have taken my very unusual pet off on holiday. In my absence, you might find all sorts in our theme picture this week - whatever you find, put it in a post and post it on or around Saturday 6th September 2014. Then add a link to the list below and take time out of the hurdy-gurdy of everyday life and visit some Sepia friends. Before the music starts, take a look at what lies ahead in the weeks to come. P.S. It’s worth clicking on the link to the original photo to see the rest of the crowd. (Marilyn) 

Drinking, sharing, posing, lurking

Children, tents, fences, fields, poppies, smocks, sailor-suits (again)

So, there we go. Give the monkey any spare coins you may have and I'll turn the handle and start the music off. It's that familiar Sepia Saturday tune again.



15 comments:

Kristin said...

A poem my grandmother's cousin James McCall wrote about Jo Mendi, a performing chimp.

Postcardy said...

I have some postcards of the monkeys performing at other zoos--think I will post them this week.

La Nightingail said...

Building up to the grand street organs of Amsterdam which hold a family connection of sorts.

Little Nell said...

I ended up going off on a tangent this week.

Wendy said...

This is a story about my mother-in-law and her unusual pet.

Barbara Rogers said...

Searching through my sepia photos, I found various hats with kids under them!

Anonymous said...

Paddy's brother Phillip Craine loved to entertain so this week I have written about him.

DougVernX said...

I've got to get that monkey off my back! Well in my case there are two monkeys! :)

Anonymous said...

A tinker is an itinerant. He has a tent which leads to an accident.

Bruno Laliberté said...

The prodigal son returns with some tidbit about a building in Montreal, and some current event. A "then and now" scenario...

Boobook said...

No monkeys but a few other pets instead.

Bob Scotney said...

I'm returning after few weeks rest - I'm tired of all this monkeying around.

Tattered and Lost said...

Not on theme at all. Just old snapshot of Stockholm in 1959.

Jofeath said...

No monkey business from me and not in sepia either, but I hope you enjoy my rather late offering all the same.

Alex Daw said...

After some monkeying around, I'm finally here!