Tuesday 16 September 2014

Sepia Saturday 246 : 20 September 2014

Brebner Children (Circa 1900) : From the Provincial Archives of Alberta - Via Flickr


Things are slowly but steadily improving here in Sepia Towers and a couple more weeks and a little time in the sun might see me back in circulation. When we do venture into the recuperative sun I doubt whether we will be staying under canvas, but I hope we are as happy as this trio of happy campers. For the themers in the sepia tent, there are lots of possibilities - children, tents, fences, fields, poppies, smocks, or even sailor-suits again. And, as always, you can pitch your tent in the non-theming section of the campsite and go with any old photograph you like. Just post your post on or around the 20th September 2014 and link it to the list below.

Before you hammer those Sepia tent poles into the ground take a look at what is to come during the next couple of weeks.

247 : Motorbikes, pillions, uniforms, couriers, turban, tents (again), towels

248 : The little guy, package from home, magazine covers

So there we go. It's time to open the picnic basket in the great Sepia Tent of Memories. It's time for Sepia Saturday 246.




24 comments:

Jofeath said...

Posting early this week as I am off to England tomorrow. My blog is a tribute to my late mother Jean.

Kristin said...

Two tents made of quilts in my grandparent's yard. 1958

La Nightingail said...

Tents of all shapes and sizes in different places and made of all sorts of stuff.

Little Nell said...

A little longer than my usual posts, but a story that needs to be told.

Bel said...

A cute tent from the 1920s!

Wendy said...

3 children: 2 boys and 1 girl - even that matches the photo prompt!

Bob Scotney said...

I'm going to have problems with tents two weeks in a row.

Barbara Rogers said...

Tent camping for vacations all over the southeast US for many summers with my family.

Sharon said...

This week I was prompted to write about children playing

luvlinens said...

I have been a bad boy and skipped Sepia Saturday a few times. I am back today and hope to keep up.

Postcardy said...

My post is about Girl Scout camp tents.

Unknown said...

I've managed to stay on theme this week. Haven't thought of tents in years, so this has been fun!

21 Wits said...

My post is all about, what could be better than a tent?

Mike Brubaker said...

Another great Sepia theme image that lets me tell a story of three musical children with sailor suits and more.

Boobook said...

I've ignored the tent and the children and gone with the garden.

Anonymous said...

The tents in our life

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Amazing! I'm on time this week rather than in relaxed camping mode.

dakotaboo said...

I'm back after a few month's doing other stuff. Picked up on the poppy theme today. Happy Sepia Saturday everyone.

Anonymous said...

A tent used by a business.

Tattered and Lost said...

Way off theme, but on theme for what I'll be doing today.

DougVernX said...

Way off topic today...
But it's been said, that's okay :)

anyjazz said...

Things seem very tents around here.

Sean Bentley said...

And just when I thought I'd exhausted my family photo trove... ("Trove" is a word one doesn't usually hear uncoupled from "treasure," is it? Hmm. Not to be confused with "toves," as in "slithy.")

Anonymous said...

Late to the party, but I've brought my tent!