Tuesday 9 September 2014

Sepia Saturday 245 : 13 September 2014

WHISKEY TIME : Provincial Archives of Alberta. Circa 1916 : Flickr Commons
Three men. One bottle of whiskey. A friendly argument. A woman watching from the sidelines. The photograph was taken in Alberta back in 1916. 100 years later, the discussions still go on and all too often - at our house at least - a decent bottle of single malt will help the participants underline a point or emphasise an argument. The difference is, I am pleased to say, that women no longer hide in the background. There are a bottle full of potential themes for Sepia Saturday participants - drinking, sharing, posing and lurking have been suggested. Whatever you decide, just post your post on or around Saturday 13th September 2014 and link your post to the list below.

Before you pour yourself a glass of nostalgia, take a look forward at the next couple of Sepia themes.


246 : Children, tents, fences, fields, poppies, smocks, sailor-suits (again)


247 : Motorbikes, pillions, uniforms, couriers, turban, tents (again), towels

Things have been a bit complicated for the last couple of weeks (I will put a post up on my blog to explain) so I am going in search of a glass of malt. Cheers.



18 comments:

La Nightingail said...

Sometimes you have to look beyond the obvious. :->

La Nightingail said...

Alan - please delete the first listing of my name in the #1 spot. I made a mistake in keying my URL ID in. Thanks.

Little Nell said...

I’ve done it Gail. Can I suggest that you post a ‘direct’ link to make it easier for other bloggers? Instead of ‘keying it in’, just open this week’s post and copy and paste from your browser; it’s what most of us do and saves a slip of the finger.

Postcardy said...

My post is about drinking and prohibition.

Kerryn Taylor said...

My post for this week is about my ancestors pub.

Little Nell said...

Three pals and a terminal report.

Barbara Rogers said...

Being "on camera" which has my father as subject...from childhood to posing for a photo as an Indian.

Wendy said...

Bit of a stretch but I went with lurking in the doorway

Jofeath said...

Three casual shots and one a little more formal from me this week trying to fit the bill.

Kristin said...

Males in the foreground and women watching from a cabin in the background.

Mike Brubaker said...

Back from my holiday with a cheery postcard photo from the front.

Anonymous said...

Three family members posing with a drink

Alex Daw said...

Three men and a lot of drink.

Bob Scotney said...

Bath time for me.

Anonymous said...

Brothers posing for a professional photo in days gone by.

Unknown said...

Hello Alan...We are sharing "Sepia Saturday" on several Facebook History and Heritages Groups. Nice Job! UNM https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthernMIPhotos/ ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/141696316851/ ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/101886959935735/ ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/74678348834/

DougVernX said...

My submission is a bit late, sorry. Hope you like it! :)_

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

I forgot to add my link until now :(