Friday 8 November 2019

Sepia Saturday 495, 9th November 2019


As we move remorselessly towards Sepia Saturday 500, our prompt image this week is a Library of Congress image featuring an international novelty orchestra from the early 1920s. Not only is this a fascinating old image, not only does it provide plenty of prompt opportunities for your Sepia Saturday contributions: it allows us to celebrate a Sepia Saturday star who has been contributing for the best part of the last 500 weeks - and who has an unrivalled knowledge of, and photographs of, historic bands and orchestras from throughout the world. Mister Mike, this one is for you! 

As always you can match the theme or share any of your old images by posting a post on your blog on or around Saturday 9th November 2019 and adding a link to the list below. And whilst you are listening to the music, you might want to plan the rest of your posts leading up to SS500. Here are the themes.








8 comments:

Mike Brubaker said...

Once again, Alan, I am pleased to say I have the perfect match for this theme. Thank you for providing such a cavalcade of inspiring images over the past years of Sepia Saturday. At my first visit to your virtual pub on S.S. #56 on 8 JAN 2011, I left the comment, "Great website. I hope I can contribute from time to time." The best part of joining this fantastic blog/pub every weekend since has been meeting so many wonderful people who share the wonder of old photographs and the joy of good story telling.

Barbara Rogers said...

Hard to follow Mike! Our fun did include a brass band, and Karaoke...though not as long ago as most posts here!

Molly's Canopy said...

I also want to say thanks, Alan, for keeping Sepia Saturday going all these years! It's a pleasure to stop by here each week. My post this week: My theory of why Hannah left Zebulon in 1858.

La Nightingail said...

Post A

La Nightingail said...

Post B

ScotSue said...

Earlston Clown Band in the early 20th century features in my post - an ideal match for the prompt. Like others here, I echo Mike's sentiments and thanks to Alan for giving us each week such interesting topics for stirring our imaginations in our blogging activities.

violet s said...

Some caterwauling for you all.

Liz Needle said...

I am so glad I rediscovered this lovely meme after a long blogging absence. It was always my favourite and certainly the most interesting one I have found. Thanks for keeping it going, Alan.