Friday 26 July 2019

Sepia Saturday 480 : 27 July 2019


Sorry about the late posting of this call, but it really is hot over here in Britain. Yesterday we had the hottest day on record and when your Sepia Administrator should have been putting up the call post, he headed for the beach instead. Here is a photograph - I will leave it to you to work out which is the administrator. All you need to do is to find an old photo something like the theme image and post it on or around Saturday 27th July 2019, and then add a link to the list below.

Hot as it has been, I have still managed to pull together a full set of theme images for August. Here they are:-






8 comments:

ScotSue said...

An appropriate topic for this week, as here in Britain, we are enjoying record temperatures - in the 80sF in Scotland, which is very hot for us - and I would love to be besides the sea! So enjoy my look at a few swim suits, and take a tour of scenic seaside views in Scotland and the North of England.

Diane Gould Hall said...

I can easily post ancestors in bathing suits. Thanks for the theme. It’s been a long while since I’ve done a Sepia Saturday.

La Nightingail said...

Men's bathing suit fashions through the years!

Molly's Canopy said...

A play on opposites: These bathers are barefoot, whereas my ggg grandfather Zebulon Blakeslee was a shoemaker in his later years...

Mike Brubaker said...

The seaside theme has pushed me to work on finishing a promised sequel to a story I wrote last year. It's has more twists and turns than my usual long stories so be patient. The connection to our theme is at the end.

BUT WAIT, there's more! This is only part 1, so next weekend I'll have the conclusion.

virginiaallain said...

I was out of town, so late with my post, making it a Sepia Sunday. Now, I'm off to read everyone's stories and see the interesting pictures.

Anne Young said...

I was so taken by every body else's photos and then I remembered some terrific photos of my husband's family. Dreaming of summer but don't envy the recent heatwaves in the northern hemisphere

Barbara Rogers said...

Happy Lammas! My post is just a birth anniversary for my great times 7 grandmom.