Wednesday 14 November 2018

Sepia Saturday 445 : 17 November 2018


"Dance", someone once said, "is the hidden language of the soul". To what extent this may be true about the spiritual soul, I am not sure: however it is clearly the case in relation to the more physical sole of the foot. Sadly, however, it is a language I have never properly understood, as those who have seen my stunted gyrations at parties will understand. I am not asking you to join me in a dance this week on Sepia Saturday, merely to share an old photograph from your collection which is somehow related to this theme. All you have to do is to take to the floor on or around Saturday 17th November 2018 and add a link to the list below. Whilst you wait for the music to start, you might want to take a look at what comes next on Sepia Saturday.








7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I was surprised to read about this on FaceBook, but apparently it's true. A small college community was the site of an internment camp for Japanese, German and Italian diplomat families at the beginning of WW 2 for internment.

La Nightingail said...

All the pretty shoes!

Molly's Canopy said...

Alas, no dancing...but there is a play directed by my fourth grade teacher Miss Helen George.

Mike Brubaker said...

Again I don't know how, but I have the perfect match. Semi-musical but definitely dance.

Anonymous said...

I feel the need to say something in case I don't get a post done again this week. Sepia Saturday is the biggest inspiration for me to keep blogging. I had to stop when I was sick and I had a lonnnnng bout with chemo brain. I still have a bit of trouble organizing and getting to every thing I want to do (executive function was a major problem), so blogging often falls to the bottom of the list. The prompts give me direction that I still have trouble coming up with on my own. And I love reading all of your posts! The past couple of days I've been thinking of how very sad and directionless I would be without Sepia Saturday. I have some photos in mind for this prompt, but not sure I'll get it done. If not, I'll still try to make the rounds and visit you.

Anonymous said...

It's not the post I wanted to do, but it matches pretty well.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I missed last week and decided I'd get a head start on next week and work on this post. Just as I was finishing, I realized I had done last week's post instead of next week's! That's what a lack of sleep does to me. Oh well. I hope you'll take a look!