Wednesday 18 April 2018

Sepia Saturday 415 : 21 April 2018


Sepia Saturday 415 : 21 April 2018
Enginists of the Finnish State Railways playing chess on call duty. (1951)
BOARD GAMES  :  CANTEENS  :  WORKMEN

Now here is an opening gambit: get out your old photos of chess games or canteens or workmen or wooden tables or .... well whatever you want. If you can match our theme image, then you will gain a powerful advantage in the game. Whatever you decide to do, make your move on or around Saturday 21st April 2018 and add a link to the list below.

Whilst your opponent is thinking of his next move, take a look at what lies ahead in this Sepia game of ours.






9 comments:

La Nightingail said...

Oh the times we had fun playing our favorite board game for hours and hours!

Barbara Rogers said...

From my ancestry pics again, there's a bungalow in San Antonio, where the Rogers gathered in the 30s.

Molly's Canopy said...

Retired workmen enjoying a summer day: Final post in this series on my great-grandfather Frank Owen from Wales.

ScotSue said...

Men relaxing in the old Earlston REading Room - with a look at its history and the rules, regulations and code of behaviour expected!

Postcardy said...

I have postcards of WWII USO lounges for service men.

tony said...

Booted & Suited !

Mike Brubaker said...

I got nothin' this weekend that matches, so instead it's a trio of piccolos.

Alan Burnett said...

Check mate

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late, but I hope you will visit and give me your input!