Tuesday 26 September 2017

Sepia Saturday 387 : 30 September 2017


You may not realise it, but flying the Sepia Saturday is no easy task. There are dials to watch, levers to pull, switches to switch, and the co-pilot, Alan Burnett, to keep sober. You could be excused if you thought this was a picture of either Alan's or Marilyn's office desk; but in fact it is a photograph of the cockpit of a 1948 B-36 plane which appears on the Flickr Commons stream of the American Aviation Historical Society. It may put you in mind with dials and switches, or planes boats and trains, or it may simply suggest to you the concept of complexity. Whatever switches you on, let it switch on your Sepia Saturday post this week. Simply post your post on or around Saturday 30th September and add a link to the list below.

Whilst you are waiting for clearance for take off, please read the safety instruction card and note that the emergency exits are being pointed out to you by your friendly cabin staff. And before you adopt the brace position, take a quick look at what awaits you in the coming weeks - providing, of course, that the plane makes it safely to its destination.



11 comments:

La Nightingail said...

There are dials, and then there are dials. By the way - I'm really getting tired of the repeat, repeat, repeat, on & on & on "verify I'm not a robot" 'tests'. Once is enough, please!

Jofeath said...

I found a pretty good match in my Uncle Ken's album.

ScotSue said...

I had an ideal match of an aircraft control panel - plus more nostalgic tales of deals.

ScotSue said...

Oops"! That of course, should have read as "dials".

Alan Burnett said...

The theme sends me on a flight of fancy.

Molly's Canopy said...

My flight of fancy turns to fancy dress in a post about my Stoutner ancestors in Gloversville, N.Y. circa 1908.

Little Nell said...

My grandchildren are in control.

Little Nell said...

Gail, just ignore the robot test; it still works.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

As usual, the prompt sent me searching, this time to Google Plus, a life-saver when you're trying to locate something specific. This week, I wandered through photos from past travel, a most enjoyable journey.

Barbara Rogers said...

I think nobody's at the controls. One sepia photo included in my potpourri.

Mike Brubaker said...

I've got the perfect postcard for this theme. Musical of course, but a little different.