Monday 9 February 2015

Sepia Saturday 266 : 14 February 2015


Sepia Saturday 266 just happens to coincide with Valentine's Day so our theme image this week is a Valentine's Card which dates back to the 1940s and comes from the Flickr Commons collection of the Deseronto Archives (and as we have not visited these archives before on our tour of Flickr Commons participants, we can now tick them off). Therefore, for those in want of a theme, love is in the air this week, and if you don't like love there is that old standby, talking vegetables. All you have to do is to post your post on or around the 14th February and then add a link to the Linky List below. What could be easier, what could be sweeter   .... what could be cornier!

Before we go and get all gooey and slobbery, let us look ahead at what the future holds for this sepia relationship we have

267 : Large and Small / Radios / Broadcasting

268 : Street Parades / Revolutions / Russia / Banners

Those are for the future. This week I am concentrating on you and only you. Have I ever told you .... "roses are red, violets are blue. photos are sepia, look after them, do"




22 comments:

ScotSue said...

A tribute to my grandparents, with cards between a loving couple.

Barbara Rogers said...

Continuing to publish stills from old home movies, I'm sharing my parents and grandparents as people who loved each other through the years.

Anonymous said...

I'm either too late or too early, and this week, early.

Rosie said...

A little fun for Valentine's Day!

La Nightingail said...

Getting to the Heart of the Matter in a variety of ways.

Tattered and Lost said...

To make up for any time in the past when you didn't receive a Valentine.

Éire Historian said...

Wishing everyone a very Happy Valentine's Day on Saturday. My colourful offering is entitled 'St. Valentine in Dublin'. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Can anyone please tell me how to delete one of my Linkies? Somehow, I've posted twice. Thank you.

Wendy said...

2 brief valentine stories

Anonymous said...

missdonna In reply, see this line above the comments
Click here for Mister Linky's name/URL cookie removal tool.

Little Nell said...

i don’t think that works . You have to wait for one of the kindly admins (Alan or me) to happen along and deal with it - which I have.

Postcardy said...

I couldn't decide what/if I wanted to post Valentines for Sepia Saturday. I got inspired when I saw Tattered and Lost's mechanical cat valentine.

Unknown said...

A one hundred sixty-seven year old Valentine...

Mike Brubaker said...

I have a special musical valentine of sorts, with apples instead of corn.

tony said...

My Love on Valentines day ( plus some rather nice/old/rare Simon & garfunkel from 1970.)

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I'm excited that eggs are once again on the "approved" list of many dietary authorities. I combined my euphoria over this good news with
the romantic pull of Valentine's day. Not very sepia - ish but I still wanted to join in the fun.

DougVernX said...

There's something sweet for everyone in my post.

Little Nell said...

A 65th birthday tribute.

Alan Burnett said...

Love and Kisses to all

Dara said...

Happy St Valentine's Day everyone!

L. D. said...

I created a great post about my grandparents for today and decided to save it for next week. Antique things are interesting to me and I share some of the 80 year old Valentines that I own. I wasn't late this week and I may even be early next week.

Joan said...

Valentine's Day iswindingdown here in the Pacific Northwest -- but I did post before the end of the day.