Tuesday 14 May 2013

Sepia Saturday 177 : 18 May 2013


These Madrid street kids are upside down, the wrong way up, and all over the place. That's what happens when you place kids next to the slightest excuse for a piece of acrobatic equipment. So for Sepia Saturday 177 - post your posts on or around Saturday 18th May 2013 - we want you to search out your old photos of kids, or acrobats, or people who are upside down or the wrong way around .... or whatever. This 1908 photograph comes from the George Eastman Collection which has been made available by the wonderful Flickr Commons initiative.

But before you start turning somersaults and letting the blood rush to your head, you might want to have a look at what is coming next on Sepia Saturday. Here is our usual peep around the corner of time.



178 : Sepia Saturday faces up to the challenge of featuring the face. It doesn't matter if it is young or old, male or female, black or white .... as long as it is sepia.


179 : In the past on Sepia Saturday we have had cute dogs and cuddly cats, but here is a chance to bring out your birds, beasts and reptiles. Or caravans, or ladders, or ....

All that is in the future. For Sepia Saturday 177 just turn your collection of old photographs upside down and see what emerges.

26 comments:

Anand S Unni said...

Lovely photograph. Just loved it so much. :)

Postcardy said...

I have some children playing, but not upside down.

Blogger was acting a little strange and also changed my font size.

Bob Scotney said...

One child and a railing or two.

Gill Edwards said...

i know im 2 days early but want to link up to a post im doing today about an unknown photo album. I just know the clever lot on here will give me lots of good advice on finding out who the people in the photos are.
Im off topic this time for a change.
Gill x

Brett Payne said...

Children yes, but mostly the right way up.

Mike Brubaker said...

In a way this was two easy. But it lets me combine three short stories into one.

Boys, Boys, and more Boys.

Wendy said...

No children but upside down in more ways than one.

Unknown said...

"Sepia Saturday" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/05/sites-to-see_17.html

Kristin said...

From my family photos an upside down cousin and a couple of upside down grandkids.

Alan Burnett said...

My post is early this week, but I am determined to play a full part in Sepia this week after a couple of weeks when I have been on the sepia margins. I have a nice picture of .... somebody or other.

Kathy said...

Last week when most everyone posted about school, I didn't, but it's school days for me this week.

Nigel Aspdin (Derby, UK) said...

Just in time !

Anonymous said...

Ever wonder what kids are thinking about during their class portrait? I do too...

Unknown said...

I knew of a couple photos I want to share, took me some time to find them. Now to scan, post, etc...well I will be up sometime in the next 5 hours....it's still Friday here. Fences for me.

21 Wits said...

Now those children know how to have fun! Hopefully none of them just ate lunch though! Hehehehe!

DougVernX said...

I've got a playful post via old postcard this week.

Bruno Laliberté said...

Sort of, kinda, well, not really,
but almost... off the track!!
A memer if not a themer!!!
:D~
HUGZ

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

It is all child's play.

Little Nell said...

I'm back with a child's view of the world - from all angles!

Unknown said...

Well, they're NOT kids on a fence, but you'll get the idea!

Howard said...

There are some children in my picture if you look closely

Barbara Rogers said...

I did it, turned a pic into a sepia from a couple of years ago of my grands playing around!

Teresa Wilson Rogers said...

I've been away for a few weeks taking care of my sick hubby, but I'm back!

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

Gardening is my excuse for absence. Loved this photo.

Boobook said...

Published the blog several days ago then forgot to post the link here!

ScotSue said...

I came close to passing on this week's prompt, but then suddenly remembered (and managed to find) this photo of my daughter hanging out at the National Railway Museum at York many years ago.