Tuesday 21 June 2011

Sepia Saturday 80 : Saturday 25 June 2011

Library of Congress via Flickr
Although I am posting this before I leave for holiday, by the time Sepia Saturday 80 gets around (on or about Saturday 25th June 2011) I should be back. And I will be participating. And there is a reason why I have chosen this particular image : but you will have to wait until my post is up to find out. The photograph above dates back to 1942 and it comes from the collection of the Library of Congress. If you want to follow a theme, feel free - but pick whatever theme you like from the above image. Whatever you choose, come and join me for Sepia Saturday 80.
SEPIA SATURDAY is a weekly meme which encourages bloggers to publish and share old images and photographs. All that is required is for contributors to post an old image (it doesn't have to be in sepia) and provide a few words in explanation. If you could provide a link back to the Sepia Saturday Blog and visit as many of the other contributors as you can, it would also be appreciated. There is no weekly theme, as such, but some people like to use the archive image published with the weekly call as a kind of theme. There is no requirement to adopt such an approach : the choice of image is entirely up to you. Once you have published your Sepia Saturday post, add a link to that post to the Linky List published each week and leave a comment to let everyone know you are joining in.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Sepia Saturday to all!! Looking forward to seeing all the entries. Rosie.

Anonymous said...

I see that I have to make comments under "anonymous" for now, that is the only way to leave a comment, Rosie!

Postcardy said...

I have some postcards plus more photos from the Library Of Congress.

Brett Payne said...

Something different from me this week - a competition for you all to have a go at.

Little Nell said...

Chocolate, Women’s Football, Tattoos and a WW1 explosive mix!

Tattered and Lost said...

Seeing that aircraft engine I knew I had to find some shots of how it used to be to fly.

Unknown said...

I thought I'd exhausted my supply of vintage found aeroplane photos, but there was one I'd forgotten!

dakotaboo said...

I have just posted but am not theming this week as. I am however intrigued by Alan's teaser and looking forward to his commentary for his selected picture.

Postcardy said...

I added a post with a humorous card about WWII aircraft production on my Postcard Funnies blog.

DougVernX said...

My post has some problems which involved mechanics. That's my connection to this theme. Thanks for visiting Fran and Bunt's Western Adventure.

Christine H. said...

Help, I'm stuck in last week's theme and I can't get out!

Unknown said...

I have several ideas here but who knows what I will choose....Rosie the Riveter theme or factory or engines it goes on...we will see

Bob Scotney said...

Part I of my brother's war and the beginning of some detective work

Mike Brubaker said...

I am disconnected from the theme this week. I've been saving this post and hope everyone will enjoy another story of obscure musical instruments. Very sepia though.

tony said...

I'm Almost "on Topic" This Week!

Howard said...

Themes, shmemes...

Anonymous said...

I was looking for a reason to start off a week of vintage military photos, and this is it! I kick off with four photos of World War 2 soldiers - commentary on what branch of the military they are is welcomed and encouraged (please, please, pretty please...) :-)

Bruno Laliberté said...

not a themer, and if history and local politics bore you, skip it!!
see you next week, no offence.
:)~
HUGZ

Karen S. said...

Not so much on this week's theme, but hope everyone enjoys it and have a great week end ahead....!Hope Alan's holiday is going smoothly too!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

First World War for me, and my first entry to Sepia Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Im somewhat on theme, tried to keep it to large machinery on mine :) Still anxious to hear more details about this photo posted as our theme!

Mrs. M said...

I saw your meme at QMM's blog. I'm happy to participate to give new life to my old photos. Thanks for hosting.

Blessings!
Mrs. M

Margaret said...

Wowza! I love this and the woman's red stripes. Can't wait to here what it is all about! Thanks for hosting and I will be around to see everyone's posts later this week as we have company! :)

Kristin said...

Not on the theme this week. A shadowy photo from 1962 and one of my football playing Canadian resident cousin Kamau Peterson.

The Clever Pup said...

Hi. Looks like a new follower may be spurious. I blocked the new lady from my blog. She was just too questionable.