Friday 30 July 2010

Sepia Saturday Week 34

In her Sepia Saturday contribution last week, Cheri Daniels (Journeys Past) wrote about how pleased she was that the "less than perfect" compilation of shots of her father as a young baby was not thrown away. The resulting picture let us see " the developing and fading of tears, and the work it took just to get this busy little guy to sit still!" I so agree with Cheri. We get used to seeing perfectly posed and perfectly focused vintage photographs : the ones that were saved and framed and treasured. But so often it is the technically less than perfect shots that capture reality - show life as it really was.


Sepia Saturday will be open again this week - Sepia Saturday 34 July 31st 2010 - and everyone is invited to participate. Just post an old photograph and tell us what it means. Add a link to your post on the list below and include a link back to the Sepia Saturday blog. Good shots, bad shots, sharp shots, soft shots - show them to the world with Sepia Saturday.

18 comments:

dakotaboo said...

Just posted up some sepia vintage postcards of various villages and towns in England. Hope you like them.

Alan Burnett said...

How remarkable. Snap.

tony said...

I,m In!

Unknown said...

Not old sepia, but learning how to sepia with my own camera. Woo Hoo.
QMM

DougVernX said...

I'm registered. lol

Kat Mortensen said...

I'm signed on as "Acadianeire", but it's just little ol' me - Poetikat!

Unknown said...

Continuing last week about my Aunt Fran, some color not as sepia

Nancy said...

I'm in again. Thanks for keeping this going, Alan.

Bruno Laliberté said...

i found something appropriate for summertime!! and i shall visit you all on sunday.
:)~
HUGZ

Eric S. said...

Okay, mine is up. Thanks again for this great blog fun.

Martin said...

At last, I made it!

urban muser said...

I am in for my second week. My grandfather, who was one of the babies in the photo last week, is now the groom. Thanks for hosting this, it's fun!

Christine H. said...

My post is up, but I will do most of the visiting on Sunday. looking forward to it.

Jinksy said...

Only a picture from me, as I know very little about Grandpa Jinks, beyond the fact he was in the army, and died before I was born. But it's an unusual photo!

Tattered and Lost said...

As usual, by the time I get around to posting it's already night or evening for others. My post links back to a previous post called Brothers in Arms. A continuing exploration of the Big Bag of Negs.

R Montalban said...

Saw this on Ashley's blog, and the Scottish Wedding I saw I thought would look good in Sepia so have joined in and hope that is ok?! A nice idea to do sepia as they are lovely.

Unknown said...

This entertained me for awhile this afternoon when I was feeling out of sorts and bored! Jerry is downstairs watching Nascar which I cannot stand, so I could not go down there to finish sewing a pillow I am making or to use the big computer. Laptop upstairs to the rescue and it was a perfect time to browse all the Sepia's this week. Thanks for keeping me entertained and occupied and out of trouble! :)

Jo said...

Looking for help in identifying Grandpa's Polish friend, but I can't read his writing. All assistance gratefully received - many thanks :-)