Wednesday 2 August 2023

Sepia Saturday 684 : 5th August 2023

 


School Days is a bit of a silly theme for August, because if there is one month when kids are likely not to be spending days in school, it is August. We have never claimed to be logical here on Sepia Saturday, so why start now. So look out your old photos that illustrate the general theme (school days), the weekly theme image (school rooms, flags etc), or no theme at all. All we want is an old photo and some new thoughts. Post your post on or around Saturday 5th August 2023 and add a link to the list below. And once you've done that you can make a start on your homework and plan for the next three weeks of school days.





10 comments:

ScotSue said...

My first school photograph and memories of life at my infant and junior school in the 1950s

Susan said...

Schools are starting here soon. In Georgia, a friend said they start next week.

Anne Young said...

My grandfather at school in Germany. Recycling an old post.

Barbara Rogers said...

Still on old cars...

Monica T. said...

A couple of photos from my dad's primary/elementary school years.

Molly's Canopy said...

At last I match the prompt! This week, Uncle Fred's school days before WWII.

Kristin said...

My mother wearing a blouse with scarf, like the girls in the photo. Not a school photo though. Also a circus.

Kristin said...

Here in Atlanta school started last week!

Mike Brubaker said...

I believe I have a good match for this theme. It's English from the time of Queen Vitoria and it has children, boys at least. Musical too.

Lisa S. Gorrell said...

Besides a photo of the 1xt grade class at Hilmar School, I had a tip on how to find photos you don't have.