Tuesday 24 March 2015

Sepia Saturday 272 : 28 March 2015


We seem to be on a transport thing at the moment. There were horses last week, tractors this week and bikes next week. But just a little imagination can turn a drinking horse into a pub, a tractor into a potato, and a bicycle into a pair of pretty women. Our theme image comes from the collection of the SALT Institute in Istanbul, Turkey (featured on their Flickr Stream) and dates back to 1924 and shows a powerful looking tractor at an International Agricultural Fair in Adana, Turkey. You can go wherever you want to with this image (and indeed with this tractor). All you have to do is to post a post on or around Saturday 28 March 2015 and add a link to the list below.

Before you engage first gear and plough your way to a post, take a look at what awaits you over the next couple of weeks.

273 : Bicycles / Long Skirts / Newspaper Cuttings

274 : Coal / Power / Horses / Carts

Having ploughed up your imagination, it is time to plant the seeds of creativity - it is time to post your post for Sepia Saturday 272





15 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Just found your meme through Larry at Larry's Photo a Day! Great idea for a meme! Will join in soon!

Barbara said...

Having fun on the farm c1952

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I have the thinnest filament of a connection this week. Although my family farmed, they either didn't have a lot of machinery or didn't bother to take pictures of it.

La Nightingail said...

No one that I know of in our family - past or present - has owned or owns any sort of machinery outside of a push-power mower; but we've been AROUND a lot of machinery - & some of it pretty BIG!

Wendy said...

A brief sketch of my in-laws who were farmers

Sharon said...

With so many farmers in my ancestry, it was difficult to decide this week!

Barbara Rogers said...

Early farming from an old album, but I don't understand much except knowing a cow from a pig.

Postcardy said...

International Harvester tractors at A Century of Progress Exposition (Chicago, 1933-34).

ScotSue said...

Big wheels my theme for this week. .

Anonymous said...

Perhaps a steamroller could be considered a first cousin of a tractor.

DougVernX said...

It's a mysterious tower that I have this week. Enjoy!

Boobook said...

I'm happy to be back after a holiday break. This post brought back memories of my dad's tractors.

Mike Brubaker said...

I have a postcard story about musical farm equipment workers and for a special treat I've included a photo definition of horsepower.

Anna Matthews said...

I love sharing about my family's farm and its history, thanks for the theme!

Anonymous said...

I'm back. More nonsense from the Imagespast Asylum ;-)