Friday 3 January 2020

Sepia Saturday 501 : 4 January 2020

There is nothing like starting the New Year as you don't mean to go on! I would like to blame the late appearance of the prompt for Sepia Saturday 501 on a surfeit of food, drink and good cheer: but, alas, the cause was nothing more prosaic than a head cold. As I sit here writing this, sneezing, coughing and feeling very sorry for myself, I cannot match the smile of this charming unknown lady. As I wish you all a happy and a healthy 2020, I challenge you to match her smile with something joyful from your own collection. Just post your post on or around Saturday 4 January 2020 and add a link to the list below.

The photograph of the smiling lady comes from my own collection of anonymous old photographs that have made their way to me by fair means or foul. All the January theme photos have a similar provenance. Here is a preview of the rest in the set.




9 comments:

Molly's Canopy said...

A New Year and new research discoveries from the NY State Archives -- this time about my Union Army ancestor Arthur T. Bull and the Grand Army of the Republic veterans group. I even managed to match the prompt with a happy photo of me finding all sorts of ancestral information during a recent group tour of the archives.

Alex Daw said...

Thank you for the prompt. I had fun with hair and found out about Marcelling.

Mike Brubaker said...

Another great theme that perfectly matches what I planned to use, even before I knew what our theme image would be. It's three postcards from 120 years ago. One third musical.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yay for a new year. I squeaked into SS with a repost of my favorite photos of my parents.

Wendy said...

Happy New Year, y'all. I've missed you. I hope to be more consistent this year. So here I am with a lovely portrait of my grandmother's best friend from their youth.

Postcardy said...

I haven't posted on Sepia Saturday for a long time. I thought the woman on my postcard fit in with your prompt.

La Nightingail said...

Lots of happy smiles and with good reason!

virginiaallain said...

Mine was posted just after midnight, so maybe I should call it Sepia Sunday. My new year's resolution should be not to wait until the last minute on things.

Anne Young said...

Running a bit behind but I was inspired by that lovely smile. The 1920s must have been amazing - the fashions are so distinctive in photographs