Wednesday 11 October 2017

Sepia Saturday 389 : 14 October 2017


Our Sepia Saturday theme image this week is another from the Flickr Commons photo stream of the Sutton Archives (The Past On Glass) and it shows a young girl sat at a desk. Her name was Betty Ayles and the photograph was taken in May 1911. In the same archives there is a very similar photograph of the same young girl, this time sat at a piano. Whether she is sitting at a piano or a desk there is obviously cuteness in abundance in these studies. You might want to go with cuteness or desks, writing or lighting - as ever the choice is entirely your own. Simply post an old photo on or around Saturday 14th October 2017 and add a link to the list below.

The little girl in our theme image was in fact writing the list of Sepia Saturday theme images for the final quarter of 2017. These were the next two images on her list.





11 comments:

La Nightingail said...

Young ladies, pretty dresses, a grandma who sewed, and special days.

Alan Burnett said...

Looking forward to a correction from the other side of the world.

Wendy said...

The white tea dress and a little bio of my grandaunt Lil

ScotSue said...

My Dad's bureau, a wedding present from my mother, was my inspiration this week

Little Nell said...

From my desktop to yours!

Molly's Canopy said...

Since I already used my pretty white dresses in previous posts, this week I'm writing about Uncle John H. Stoutner's apartment featuring a desk, table, credenza...but, alas, no piano.

Mike Brubaker said...

More Xylophon Kinder to match this charming theme.

Postcardy said...

I have a postcard of a cute little girl writing a postcard to her father and mother.

Barbara Rogers said...

Some more recent pretty ladies who dressed up to have an afternoon tea party.

Kristin said...

I'm sharing a photograph of Naomi Tulane, about four years old in a fancy white dress as she appeared on the can of the celebrated Tulane Coffee.

Boobook said...

Some formal portraits from my collection.