Wednesday 3 February 2016

Sepia Saturday 316 : 6 February 2016


I sometimes think that image lovers fall into two camps - the lovers of still images and the lovers of moving images, and seldom do the two overlap. This week on Sepia Saturday we celebrate the moving image, but don't imagine that means that you have to hunt out old bits of cine film and convert them to YouTube clips. As always, Sepians can interpret the theme image (a 1951 photograph taken on Bondi Beach which comes to us courtesy of the Australian National Maritime Museum) in whichever way they want to. As always, simply post your posts on or around Saturday 6th February 2016 and add a link to the list below.

Before you snap the clapperboard, you might want to see what awaits you in the next scene or two of the Sepia Saturday production.


Such things are for the future, but now the focus is on Sepia Saturday 316. Get ready ..... lights, camera, action ..... go.





20 comments:

Kristin said...

I posted this in 2011 but the theme is perfect - a bunch of Cleage photographers photographed with their cameras.

La Nightingail said...

HOME MOVIES, VCRs & DVDs

Jofeath said...

Episodes of an unknown series found in my Aunty Pat's postcard collection

ScotSue said...

My inspiration came from the two girls in beach wear on the left of the prompt photograph. So take a look at seaside fashions down the decades and across the seasons.

kathy said...

Looking out at the ocean through a telescope.

Sharon said...

This is similar to a 2014 post.

Barbara Rogers said...

A family gathering in 1949...amazing group of relatives!

DougVernX said...

There's a little bit of a beach in my post, but the main focus is on a good cause. Please share!

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

A famous name;

Wendy said...

How I spent my summer vacation - in 1965, that is.

Anonymous said...

A newspaper cutting pasted in an old photo album of mine.

Little Nell said...

A shady past.

Boobook said...

Absolutely no film photos so I've chosen a different element in the theme photo, sunglasses.

Mike Brubaker said...

This was the perfect theme to introduce a story inspired by two postcards of a well traveled family band. Keep with it and you will be rewarded with some fantastic vintage moving pictures.

Tattered and Lost said...

Quite late to the game this week. A nice walk in the countryside.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I really had to stretch to find something to write about this week.

L. D. said...

I am way off base for the theme this time. I do have a black and white photo of a group of people, young people. The photo was found just recently and I guess it is best to share them when you have them.

Bquiltin said...

So glad I found YOU as a kick-start to my blogging for 2016

Unknown said...

Tripods. Three legs. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Chris Overstreet said...

Working at the beach! Yes!

In a jacket and tie? Noooooooo....